Friday, July 2, 2010

Foyer & Hallway BEFORE & AFTER

So we moved into our 2nd house on Valentine's weekend and have had lots of house projects going on. We are finally done with the biggest ones so I thought I'd share our accomplishments.

The Hallway and Foyer - new laminate flooring that we put down with the help of Daddy. Picking the pattern was such a STRESS!!! But I think we made the right decision on the color/design. It's called Honey Spalted Maple.

Here are some BEFORE pictures of the Foyer and Hallway. The foyer was the original parkay wood floor from the 80's. At first I felt like I shouldn't be covering real wood with fake wood but the floors just weren't doing it for me...they had to go. However I will say my original plan was to only do the hallway. I hated that carpet! But Daddy and Lance both said no, if you're gonna do the hallway you gotta do the foyer too. So we did and I'm so glad we did!

Oh and I can't forget about the walls. The foyer and hallway were all painted white. We painted them a creamy coffee color before we did the floors. I didn't want to get any paint on my new floors.
This is the foyer looking down the hallway.

The carpet in the hallway before we ripped it up. ick!

The old floor...
The Foyer and Hallway AFTER PICTURES

No comments:

Post a Comment