Friday, July 2, 2010

Front Door

So as many people know I STRESS a lot about making decisions. But it is always the small decisions that I stress over. Give me a major life changing decision and I can make it in 2 seconds flat..but deciding on what color to paint the front door was a STRESS! :)

The front door...like a lot of the house was brown! Brown door, brown roof, greenish-brown shutters...yuck...where is the color? I guess in the flowers b/c we do have lots of them coming up. But non the less...it needed to be changed. So my 1st plan was to do a green door. B/c most front door are either white (mostly all) or black and sometimes red. Which is why I wanted to do green..something different from everyone else. And we did...we got it painted green but after the 1st coat was on it just didn't pop like I had hoped it would. So, alas...we did red. But I'm glad we did b/c I think it really makes the house pop.

Here are the BEFORE pictures...
Here are the shutters on the right side of the house - BEFORE
Red Front Door - AFTER
We decided to paint the entire door and side panels red...again...another stressing decision...and painted the storm door black and added a new silver kick plate.
Shutters AFTER
We went with black since it pretty much goes with anything and it will match the storm door.

Our walkway to the front door. When we moved in there was snow on the ground so we didn't know what was going to up come in the Spring. Thankfully the previous owners loved flowers b/c we have LOTS of them now!

No comments:

Post a Comment